Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Love and Marriage Pt 1

I guess this collection of wisdom impartation wouldn't be complete without something on love and marriage.  This is a pretty big topic, so I'll probably end up breaking it up into many segments.  I'll try to hit some highlights first.  Random stuff - whatever comes to mind.

#1  Some people say they are "called" to be single.  I put that in quotes because Jesus doesn't really call us to anything other than himself and his great commission.  That's simply their preference, and I must say, most people don't fit that category.  Many that claim so are downright miserable, neglecting a God-given desire to, in fact, be married.  Bottom line, if you feel yourself wanting to be married - do yourself a favor and get married.

#2  Do yourself a favor and marry your best friend.  You're going to spend the rest of your life with her, after all.  Marry that girl you can't live without.

#3  Consider your "love languages".  This was the theme of a popular book on the subject of relating to your spouse.  If you feel most loved through physical affection (like me), it certainly helps if she does too - or at least puts a priority on it.  Ignoring each other's love language will leave you miserable.  Skim the book - you'll get the idea.

More to come...

Love you!
Dad