Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Guilty

The last few weeks I've noticed it's been getting longer and longer since I last posted on here.  I think by now, though, I've covered most of the topics I really wanted to include.  Mainly just wanted you to know I still care for you enough to consider this ongoing project important!

Was talking with Lili about father/son relational dynamics and how I received plenty of corrective discipline from my dad but not so much affection/affirmation (same as his dad with him).  At least, in my younger years.  He really changed for the better by the time I became an adult.  By then, though, I feel like the pains of my growing up may have affected my thoughts/reactions/habits in a negative way.  I must admit, I'm terribly scared of the possibility of doing that to you boys.  Making a point of doling out as many, if not more, hugs and commendations as reprimands.

Just wanted you to know I was making concerted efforts to be the best dad I can be for you boys.  I apologize in advance for the fact that, as a sinner, I will fall short plenty often.  I will promise, however, that I will never give up trying to be better!

I love you boys and am so thankful for each day I get to spend with you.

- Dad (or "dodo" as Keegan has been calling me lately)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.